For some people, maintaining a wellness lifestyle while away from home can be challenging. To help delegates or participants maintain their routines, or assist those who may want to take advantage of the time away to kick-start a new regimen, here are 10 ways to work wellness into your next multi-day event:
1. Select a host property in a natural setting, so participants can take advantage of nature’s therapeutic benefits.
2. Work with the chef to make sure every meal includes healthful options such as low-fat, low-sodium, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan selections.
3. At break times, offer healthful snacks such as fresh fruit, juices, granola bars and yogurt.
4. To launch each day, schedule an optional yoga session or brisk walk.
5. Confirm that the host property offers a well-equipped gym large enough to accommodate attendees who wish to take advantage of the facility.
6. Advise attendees who want to take advantage of stress-managing massages to pre-book, to avoid disappointment.
7. When alcohol is being offered, remember to also include a variety of non-alcoholic beverages – hydration is so important when travelling.
8. If natural light and fresh air are not available during long sessions, make sure both are accessible during breaks.
9. Include fitness excursions, such as local hiking, cycling or kayaking, as optional activities.
10. Don’t over-program. Allow delegates sufficient downtime to just “be.”
From: “Travel To Wellness”