If you could go back and talk to yourself as a first year in our industry and give yourself some advice, what would you say?
Dragonfly is thrilled to have Program Coordinator Jaime Messecar as part of our team for over a year now!
From Jaime’s experience in one year at Dragonfly, she has learned a lot about the corporate events and incentive travel industry.
Jaime has some great advice for all of those who are studying to pursue or just beginning their career in the events industry!
Check out what advice she would give herself a year later!
In Jaime’s words:
- Questions, questions, questions! If you don’t know how to do something, ask. If you don’t know an industry term, just ask. If you aren’t sure how to respond to a client request, ask.
- Listen and take notes! If you’re going to take the time to ask a colleague a question, listen to their answer, and write it down for later reference. It will make your life, and those lives around you much easier!
- Embrace every single opportunity, no matter how big or small. At the end of the day, they all add up to a valuable experience.
- Watch… and learn! Your colleagues are there to help you, so learn from them, and model yourself after them! They too have been in your position before and look what they know today.
- “To Do Lists” are a must! Keep an on-going to do list with all the tasks you are working on for each project and continue to cross them off as you complete each one. This way you are not only staying accountable to yourself, but when a colleague asks for a status update on their job, you have it right there!